Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Gift


Navigating love’s thoughtless paths,
like the palace fool over again;
searching secret sanctuaries of sacred hearts,
but getting less than I bagain’d.

I have stumbled on different breeds
of mortals who spew venom,
desecrating love’s sacred creeds,
for such is their norm.

Now the traveler is back,
and my travailed heart sings
for a love returned in flapping wings,
but my heart to hack!

The fragile arm of a waiting lad,
outstretched with hope for a return gift;
a sinking heart to give a lift,
but you chose to make him sad

You are back...
with treasures on my feet lain;
wrapped in a lurid gift of pain
my heart to crack!



Pix from photobucket

3 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

hmmm.. I feel the painful anxiety of this piece.. good one. :-)

Today's ranting said...

Oh boy, your writing skill is off the hook. I admire ur skills so much and I wish I Could write as much as you do. A very nice piece as usual. Hope you doing good.

Lindah said...

I like the description. Thanks for sharing.